June 9th, 2013
RELEASE for Ace & Gio
AOSP JB RC2

RC2 of AOSP JB is available!

YOU DON’T HAVE TO WIPE WHILE UPDATING FROM OUR ICS OR OLDER JB!

If you want to say us thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free 😉

Install SuperSU from Market after installation!

• a lot of changes and optimizations
  • ramdisk improvements
  • various code clean-ups
  • VoiceSearch works
  • removed useless workarounds
  • better memory management

What works

• RIL (call/messages/3G)
  • hardware acceleration (graphic – 2d/3d)
  • GPS and A-GPS
  • video hardware acceleration
  • all JB functionallity
  • radio (3rd party apps)
  • deep sleep
  • App2sd support
  • native Wifi tether
  • native Bluetooth tether
  • native USB tether
  • camera is fully functionality
  • Bluetooth
  • button backlight
  • UMS
  • Voice Search

• no known, if you find any, report on Bugtracker

I’ld be glad, if you would share links to our download page, instead of direct links to download.
Also would be great, if you wouldn’t create the mirrors 😉

Before you’ll ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already here?

If you want to say us thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free 😉

• Yudhish says:

First !!
    will try it asap !!

• Thanks will give you feed back soon ..

• Konrad says:

gallery and the pin menu isnt working like they should

• Alan:) says:

YESSSSS Finally!!!

• Niklas Ritzenhoff says:

Works perfect 🙂
    Pin menu is the only bug i found

• mykazyra says:

Where’s old droid? Did he contribute something on this development?
    Because i dont see his name on credit section.

• Berk says:

Good Job Maclaw and his team!
    Really good release! 😀
    -Berk

• dudutzy says:

Bug found! Clock FC on alarm. Please fix it.

• Thomas White says:

hey great rom man, love it. The only issue I have found is with the gallery, my pictures are shown as videos :/, even after wiping the data the issue is still there

• Eden says:

Google Now included?

• Jenny says:

It works! At least for me.. Well I did a full wipe and clean installation.

• where the file manager ? why is not there ?

• Jaanus says:

No noticeable changes compared to RC1 but certainly a big step closer to Final release.

Sad to see, that there are known bugs (unable to install some apps, Sim Toolkit not working at all), but those were removed from Bugtracker and now the release “Has no known bugs”.

• Ehgless says:

Everything is really stable, but I miss Google Now…

• Macław says:

There’s no Google Now, because it isn’t stable on ARMv6.

• Daryl says:

There actually is a Google Now apk that works well just without voice. Google “Google Search_2.1.12.516912.apk” download it. Uninstall the quick search box from system/app and install the apk without even needing to copy the apk to system/app it works perfectly for me 😀

• sintronics says:

great work, i´ll try it :- ) is there a launcher menu in options to ” Hide Apps ” like Cm as ???

• Lukaszeue says:

It’s better than RC1 but the gallery still doesn’t work. It’s frustrating. Is there any way to fix it? I have a question. How can I change the toggles in statusbar? I couldn’t find this option.

• Tung Nguyen says:

I need to an email app as AOSP 4.0.4 final 2.
    Bring it back please !
    PS : Sorry for my bad English

• Krzysiek says:

Galeria działa – maga szybciej od tej z wydania RC1 🙂 (+)
    Zliczanie pamięci – zawiesza aplikacje ustawiania (const.)

PS, nie mam żalu za usuniecie mojego “polskiego” komentarza… ale też nie żywię za to do ciebie szacunkiem, twój dom – twój wybór.

Pozdrawiam

• Macław says:

Nie traktuj osobiście jeżeli coś zostało wyrzucone, jest tutaj tyle spamu że w sporej części maszynom muszę ufać nazywanym filtrami przeciwspamowymi.

Pzdr

• Can not Install Foursquare! Advises that it is not compatible … Galera solution to install the QuickPic gallery!

• Jorge says:

Photos show like video type s:

• Ashwin Akon says:

I got the solution for gallery… First i updated from Jellybean 4.2.2 (CyanogenMod 10.1) to Jellybean 4.2.2 AOSP RC2, in this case gallery not worked for me, all pic’s are showing as video… Then i Fully wiped and Installed Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 (AOSP) final 2 and then updated(Not wiped) Jellybean 4.2.2 AOSP RC2, then gallery is perfectly working for me now.. So far no problem… Smooth rom as ever… Tq Maclaw Great work 🙂

• ravindra says:

hey, maclaw how r u???

plz add photo or video for AOSP JB RC 2 rom…

• Can you include dsp manager app? Thank you!

• GalaxyAceboy says:

It’s not so tough to get dsp manager. Try xda or some other sites get the apk, and put the apk in system/app. Remember to remove Music FX from system/app though. I dont know what’ll happen with Google Play if it detects two Equalizers.

• Luis Bandeira says:

This rom is getting closer to perfect.. So smooth and clean. I just love it but i cant understand why all my photos are showed as videos and music player also dont recognize the mp3 files. I open a music and it says: wasnt possible to reproduce the file u chosed.
    Sorry my english. Keep up with the good work guys
    Regards

• Charlie says:

Great ROM and very smooth and stable! Best so far I would say.
    By the way, is it possible to apply the INT2EXT script? I’ve been trying for a while, EXT4 partition done and init.d activated, but found it impossible…

• Steve says:

Hey not bad Rom but why did you chanced that awsome jelly bean animation to maclaws mod. i understand it cyan but no need in aosp. please give back the original jelly bean bootanimation

• GalaxyAceboy says:

if you really want the nexus boot animation, download the animation’s .zip file, and replace it with the bootanimation.zip in system/media . Remember to set permissions to rw-r-r.
      If it gets too hard finding the bootanimation, try olddroid’s PAC rom from here, the 3.56 30th May 2013 release. Copy the bootanimation.zip from the PAC Rom, (system/app) and place it into your phone’s system/app. Again, remember permissions rw-r-r.

• Amrith says:

Amazing update. I can feel the difference.

Is there a chance that anyone can provide EXTRA MODS like T9 dialer, Full Screen Caller ID ?

• AderenLim says:

Dude you know what’s AOSP means??

• Charlie says:

It’s being impossible for me to apply any memory script. Does the Rom has init.d support? Any solution?

• Henrique says:

Do i need to install GApps?

• Luis Bandeira says:

Vvgblog i did what u said, a full wipe, and nothing sadly :/ my gallery and musics still dont work properly.
    Maclaw have you and your team any ideas? Can it be due my sd card organization?
    When u can pls help me. Wanted a lot this room at 100% on my ace.
    Luis from Portugal.

• evilking009 says:

Its a super awesome Rom.much much better than others. 😀

• Sil Enz says:

Same here, also did a full wipe (DATA, CACHE, SDEXT and DALVIK). Still does not resolve the gallery issue. Very frustrating. I think this is holding a lot of people from using this rom.

• How to solve the space problem? I can not solve it with Link2SD does not accept Fat32 … Help me …..

• masda says:

if you want use link2sd ur must add swap partition and actived with swapper2..it can help mount ur partition on startup n make link2sd link all ur app..work for me

• GalaxyAceboy says:

For link2sd, you must partition your sd card. Recommend a class 10, 8GB or above memory card. Take an entire backup of the SD card. To partition either use clockworkmod or MiniTool Partition Wizard… Create a partition for an ext4 file system. Its good to even give around 200mb of swap so in the future if you would want to use any virtual RAM or Swapper you have an option to without having to re partition the SD card. For example, I’ve given my 32GB memory card around 1GB of EXT4 and 256MB of Swap, rest all FAT32.
      After partitioning download Link2SD from the playstore, *make sure you get SuperSU or something first* on the first run of Link2SD it’ll ask you to select the type of partition you’ve created. Select EXT4, since that’s what we did, (or if you chose ext3 or 2 select that option) then reboot, and..
      Done. 🙂
      Go back to Link2SD, create links to apps in the sd card. I’ve also left “Automatically link new apps to sd” tick marked in Link2SD’s settings.

• Julio says:

hey maclaw, i’m going to install the ROM from sd system returns a log of error!
    “E:Error in /sdcard/full_cooper-jellybean.zip
    (Status 0)
    Installation aborted”
    I do the full wipe, rebot, instaling again and error persist, my phone is a ACE S5830i
    how can i proceed?

• faiz says:

i think it’s not as smooth as AOSP ICS. but great work guys

• Ray says:

Can you add a swap able kernel in the next release :(, this ROM is smooth but I can’t install all apps i need 🙁

• Steve Rudka says:

sorry for the stupid question, but what’s new? i wiped everything, installed this rc2 and the gallery still not working. quickpic is not the alternative ’cause when i zoom in the picture just disappearing. it’s smooth, but rc1 also was smooth enought for me. the memory meny is still fall off. voice search? i don’t use it that often. gallery i use more. gallery for me is the biggest problem for this rom.
    anyway, thanks. will be patiently waiting for final allfixed release.

for those who wants more space: create an ext2 partition on your sd card. install link2sd. in first time link2sd suggests you to create script to mount sd-ext partition, then reboot your phone and load again link2sd. filter it for users apps, choose any app you want and press “create link”. now your phone thinks that apps still in your phones memory, but it’s on yours ext partition. and even widgets working! at least for me it’s working (gio).
    android weather, dropbox, gmail, google+, hangouts, hootsuite, google maps, keep and a lot more apps installed in my phone and still ~74 mb free space.

• Hyago says:

It’s work in S5830C ??

• invincible says:

And what about root?

• Yudhish says:

nice and smooth but sometimes i get audio rooting problems and have to reboot…also phone reboots by itself when switching WiFi on and off too frequently !!

• Steve Rudka says:

and once again – foursquare, privat24 (new), vector (and i think some others) is now incompatible(???) for gio. and antutu test shows 1767 scores(!). on ICS antutu result was about to 3400. yes, it’s smooth, but what the???
    don’t know about ace, but in gio GALLERY IS NOT WORKING! i’ve tried different ways (updated from ics, wiped everything) gallery is STILL NOT WORKING!

• Yet unfortunately could not solve the space problem on my ace! I’ve tried ext 2/3/4 and Fat32!

• noob says:

where do I get tar.md5 file. I have downloaded latest version, unzipped and all I see is boot.img. No tar.md5 files

• Tom S says:

My back speaker doesn’t work anymore. The ringtone and other sounds, like the alarm clock, is coming from the telephone speaker and not the back speaker. I can’t change it in the settings either. Is there a solution for this problem?

thx

This problem aside, Great ROM!!!

• First of all a Big Thanks for porting AOSP rom’s for we galaxy ace users…..but I’m not able to download the AOSP JB RC2 from your website…help!!!!

• Jesus Rosario says:

This is the best Jellybean ROM ever!! Please fix the gallery bug and it will be my ROM for ever 😛

• fabian says:

how can i find a performance menu in setting ?

• Zaif says:

How do I make possible INT2EXT work? I have a .zip from xda that I basically flash after installing a ROM, and then my EXT partition gets linked with the internal storage so I get around 1GB of internal storage. . . But with this ROM why aren’t I getting it? It worked perfectly with all CM 4.2.2 ROMs (and some 4.1 ROMs) .. What’s the matter with this one? Do I need to flash a different kernel to support int2ext? or is this some problem with the ROM itself since its AOSP? I’d appreciate any reply! This is a wonderful ROM I wish I just had more space. Link2SD gave me a little more space but still not how much I need..

• bald turtle says:

when will you make rc3

• Sunip says:

Bug: Bluetooth is unable to send or receive files.

• max says:

How to change to 3g because there is no option in mobile netwotk .