February 6th, 2014
CyanogenMod 11.0

New release (20140206) of CM11.0 for S3 Mini is available!

For flashing KitKat, we recommend you to install our TWRP recovery (available on Download page)!

If you want to say thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free ;-)

If you’re updating from older CM10.1/10.2/11.0 version or migrating from Oliver’s CM, you don’t have to perform a wipe!

• stable release
  • BT: resolved stability broken by last changes
  • GPS improvements

• CM11 functionallity
  • no tearing
  • tripple buffering
  • external storage
  • native 64GB+ sdcard support (exFAT)
  • camera
  • video playing
  • New BT/GPS/offline charging/sensors drivers – no longer buggy Samsung’s ones!

• none

Also would be great, if you wouldn’t create the mirrors ;-)

• Benzonat0r

Before you ask for help, check our FAQ. Maybe answer is already there?

If you want to say thanks by donating us using PayPal, feel free ;-)

• arton says:

Less bugs and more user friendly ROM this is the best ROM
    And UPDATES EVERYDAY MACLAW ROCKS

• barlam says:

Is there a way to get the track info over Bluetooth? I haven’t been able to do it in past releases.

• tuoppimas says:

Great work, BUT:
    WHY do you put in “Issues: none” in every release, even though there are some issues you MUST be aware of (for example automatic brightness), and soon after the comments fill with all kinds of issues.

• pecao says:

Hey champ, don’t you know that the phone you bought does not have ambient light sensor? Auto brightness DOES NOT WORK, enven in the stock ROM. It’s a hardware issue, not a problm with this ROM.

• Ashus says:

The brightness sensor is there, but it is covered with plastic, so Galaxy S3 (not mini) would have a distinct advantage.

I use Lux Auto Brightness, front camera, and Tasker to detect proximity sensor open and display On – and trigger Lux AB auto-setting. So anytime flip cover is re-opened or the display is turned on, the camera takes a picture and sets brightness according to it.

• manolo says:

You can’t use automatic brightnes on S3 mini, is an hardware limitation.

• twhite1195 says:

how many times does he has to say that OUR DEVICE HAS NO LIGHT SENSOR?!

• Luis Gomez says:

Wow… seems like you really do not know nothing about your device… do some research before posting hardware-related ‘issues’

• Ernesto CF says:

Yeah, you have reason…
        Lol…tuoppimas eres un ignorante

• Drew Wesley says:

I think tuoppimas was just trying to encourage Maclaw (who is doing awesome work w/ the S3 mini btw) to log the known bugs or developments that are still in progress. He just picked a bad example because the S3 mini does ‘not’ have a light sensor – which is something I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t keep an eye on the release comments.

Keep up the good work Maclaw! Everybody knows the S3 mini has the potential of being the best bang-for-your-buck 007 gadget.for the price of $239 on Amazon. I think it’s the ‘Civic’ of phones.

I currently use SlimRom, and appreciate Maclaw’s offerings that the stock doesn’t offer:
          * Android v 4.3/4.4
          * Intact, unhacked kernel
          * Brighter display
          * Better GPS/wifi/bt/3g/hspa+
          * More responsive UI devoid of TouchWiz
          * More responsive dialpad

It’s hard to say if there are ‘issues’, but I would definitely create a category for ‘intended improvements’ (wifi direct, battery life, speaker volume issue, etc.). The possible downside is that I’m sure Maclaw doesn’t want to discourage daily testing and feedback to improve the ROM.

• tuoppimas says:

If the hardware for it does not exist, why leave in the software button, which is buggy, and not list it as a bug?

This is what I cannot understand, why with every release it has to be stated that there are no issues, even though the team is aware of some existing issues. This way of handling issues is not modern.

But anyways, I appreciate the great work the Maclaw team is doing.

• Jose Almeida says:

ohh Dear Lord..

Automatic Brightness is not an issue…

Why you can’t simple understand and accept this

• TDS says:

We don’t have such a sensor. I can only be done with analyzing raw data from camera and that is causing battery drain.

• Hasseos says:

he just copies the original cyanogenmod changelog, the only thing he does is bring cyanogenmod to unsopported devices. thats it, he doesnt fix anything. All your issues must be reported to cyanogenmod team

• Wait, I am new to this so, forgive me…
        Are you saying that the Cyanogenmod wasn’t made to use with the S3 Mini then it was just modded in order to run on this phone? Which phone was it originally designed for then?

• Hasseos says:

cyanogenmod is not compatible with S3 mini, google cyanogenmod and you will get the original page. What maclaw does is to modify it so it can be run in S3 mini, Ace, Gio, etc. Google the homepage and look for devices, you will see which are supported

• Piero Ulloa says:

It is modded for every phone, Cyanogenmod is an AOSP-modified rom with own interface

• Suppresed says:

Dude, if automatic brightness isn’t on the features list, then the lack of it isn’t an issue.

• equilibriojh says:

another stupid guy, s3 mini doesn’t have brightness sensor, we can’t have automatic brightness lel genius

• Cormac says:

Once again it seems as if people feel the need to repeat what was stated in the first reply.

…Just because someone was unaware of a light sensor in their device doesn’t mean that they are completely stupid and require over 10 comments stating the same thing in a multitude of rude ways.

• Heinrich says:

I was quite puzzled about that too (the issue statement, not the automatic brightness!), when I started to use MacLaws CM on my device. It took a little time for me to realize, that “issues: none” is some kind of a running joke. MacLaw seems to have a strange sense of humor, but he does great work!
      ;-)

• Tobi says:

Problem cant install apps under 5mb

• achild kaka says:

when the next update for 10.2…???
    did you forgetten that??

• Tobiaš says:

Hello. I have problem : 3 sd cards in file browser (Total Commander). First is internal storage, second is external sd (media_rw, not working) and third external sd (storage/sdcard1, working). How do delete media_rw card ? Screenshot. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsmk7pl9d2b383u/Screenshot_2014-02-06-17-35-36.png
    Sorry for my bad english

• Hasseos says:

i have the same problem, they are just links to the same folder but apps dont work like that, they just seem not to recognize the folders

• Heinrich says:

Cannot confirm this. I only have 2 sd cards in settings / storage menu, ES File Exporer and the stock file manager. Maybe it’s a Total Commander issue?

• boubicou says:

Is it stable enough like the stock rom for daily use ?

• Andi D. says:

Is this release ready for daily use or do you think i have to wait a while before switching from 10.2 to 11?

• suchardo says:

Agree with statement however example was wrong. Issues are there and are known.
    - Low incoming calls volume,
    - clock freezing,
    - some sensors dont work (i.e temp show -106695718.8 C)
    - strage sounds with some apps ( GVphone, twiter etc. )
    - BLN does not work
    - unable to switch on when phone is cahrging offline.
    - wifi direct

Thanks Maclaw and his team for his work, but closing eyes does not mean issues dont exist. He should list them so other people know if is worth for them to use or not working functionality is critical for them.

!!!!!! Hey Maclawand team be proud of your work !!!!!

We are all happy you do it and no shame something still does not work.

• Marcus Mjm says:

Please add recording function calls

many devices already works call recording, as sansung galaxy Galaxy S3 and S4

see there is a possibility these models:
    Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500)
    2 Galaxy Note (N7100)
    Galaxy S3 (I9300)
    Galaxy S2 (I9100)
    or

I would love you to apply this function

• NIHAL says:

720p and 1080p videos are not playing. The video player gets crashed everytime

• Jonathan Fan says:

Phone doesent charges ;(( please fix it

• blk47 says:

@marcus: u should tell this to cyanogenmod, they should know how to add this. but your links refer to instructions for stock roms.

one question to the new build: the clock still is freezing or working well?

• Stokrotka says:

Hi, great job but, unfortunately, the clock still freezes:(
    Can you do something about it?
    Cheers

• Dennis says:

I know I’m spamming but WE NEED WIFI-DIRECT!!!

• xmpr13 says:

Nice job improving it each day, but i have a question: is it stable enough for daily excessive use ?

• Nivas says:

Hi Please could you resolve the speaker volume asap.Also from the last build the battery drain is more.

• CokeCokeine says:

In this version there are still problems with the clock?
    Even stops in the middle of the night?
    This has made me miss the alarm several times, but I have faith that you correct it soon, I will not go back to the stock ROM

• Zunu says:

Can someone tell me on how to enable the ‘OK Google’ command? Does it is supported in this ROM?

• fjpadilla says:

Well. Let’s say things as they should be said ( excuse my english).
    You all bought a device from Samsung, a BIG company which earn LOTS of money and that does not support your device any more. THEY should make an official kitkat ROM for S3 mini, a device that’s not old. But they don’t.
    So we have people like MacLaw that with their effort mainteing our devices up to date, with no profit.

Samsung have hundreds of programmers, testers, etc, and make updates slowly. Months between one and another. You don’t have only to test de ROM. You have to test with hundreds of apps. No device is equal to another. For example, many people here complains about the clock in alarm. I have never had such issue.

This is a beta product. Stable enough to be used for everyday ( for me it is.). Yes. I have some problems. Someimes internet drops without notice. But I know that in the next nightly it could be solved.

So be patient. Explain your bugs. Don’t for new things. Go to CM for that.

Thanks McLaw. I’m a programmer and apreciate your altruist work.

• Allan says:

can someone tell me what is the diffrence between the google apps full package and google apps mini ?

• Adrián says:

The clock still is freezing.
    It is very important to solve this. Twice I was late for work for this.

• Fulvius31 says:

why when i plugin my phone in pc via usb, the pc doesn’t detect it?
    doesn’t mount the storage

• ibrahim farajat says:

My phone keeps reboot automatically, this is completely unacceptable !
    plz fix it as soon as possible !

• necao says:

Yesterday release gave me 2 reboots, also network data is gone, checked the APN twice, manually rebooted, airplane mode and nothing yet. Hope to get it back with today’s release.

Cheers and great work
    Necao

• Pablo says:

Where can i find the cm sources changelog?

• Cirilo Rocha says:

Bluetooth does not work.

• Michael Alexander says:

Clock freezing bug is not a minor issue…

• Rafael says:

Maclaw, please work with the MIUI ROM, it’s awesome!

• Dear Mc Law team, I noticed that if the device is turned off and charging a nice panda face is shown but the battery do not charge 100%…. I tried for all a nite long.
    I can carge 100% only if device is turned on
    Is it normal? Do I make something worng?

• Anthony says:

fix problem with store play whenever q update becomes unusable email account asking and giving error when syncing, someone else you last?

• Sound bugs are back. While I’m using twitter, noisy sounds coming from my speaker. In previous update I didn’t have that problem. And also I don’t have clock freezing bug like all people said.. Please correct the bugs that I mention. Thanks for developing this great ROM, MaclawStudio !

• Viktor says: